Working a little!
09.12.2010 - 20.12.2010 25 °C
A while since last post, but I can't always be on the computer and update when it's so much to do around in Australia :p
In this post I'm only gonna tell about the work I've been doing since last time!
Since last time I'm been doing a lot!.. Been catching up with a lot of friends!..
Been to a party at Gabriel, Andrea and Camilla's place:
Me, Gabriel and some guys from India :p
I also been to the famous Palm Beach!.. better known as the beach from Home and Away!! ;D
Me and Benedicte in front of the beach
Went to a football/soccer game between Brisbane and Sydney (Brisbane won 1-0).. with Terry and Richie from England (the guys I was driving with from Mel to Syd. And guess what, it was onlyt 7500 people on the game :p.. Football/soccer is not a big thing over here!
I also went to the beach with Ida one day!.. Spent a whole day with her before she went back home to Norway!.. A great day .. but sad that she left Australia :/
I also have been moving into my apartment on Bondi Beach .. and I love it here :D (pictures tomorrow)
This is places I've been working since last time:
Captain cook cruises (waiter and bartender)
Convention centre (waiter)
Luna Park (waiter)
Jay-Z and U2 concerts (Bartender)
Me working on the U2-concert .. just next to the stage
I'm just gonna tell about one of the workdays, since all the waitering work was only walking around with food and drinks on different christmas events!
It was fun everywhere, but the concert work was the best!
I worked there for two days. The first day I just pored beer into plastic cups in the busiest beer tent.
The second day I was kinda promoted to work in the Red zone (closest to the stage).. I started early and was just waiting in the bar when Bono just walked pass and said Hi to me, so I just said hi back, so that's my big meeting with the famous Bono .. The same happened with Jay-Z, but I don't like him that much! (he was actually just the warm up for U2, since he isn't that famous in Australia like other places in the world).
I ended my shift when U2 come onto the stage (the bar I was working in had to be shut before they walked on stage so it was really busy and we was holding U2 behind, so they came 15 minutes late on the stage :p
Got work on NYE
I'm gonna work on New Years Eve know, but I'm working on a cruise boat in the Sydney Harbour, so I still gotta see the fireworks (since the fireworks is the only reason I'm still in Syd
And the wage on NYE is at $41.20, or around NOK 240!, so it's a lot of good money then
I've been having some funny quincidents in the last couple of days! and one from Melbourne
1. Down in Mel. I was meeting four people who I went to surfcamp with!
2. I was on the beach when I suddenly met a girl I met in Byron Bay, Maike from Germany
3. I was working on the U2 concert and one of the other there was called Andreas as well, and guess what!.. He was from Norway as well :p (but from Trondheim).
4. I met a guy from Norway and Stavanger that was named Anders, but his last name was Berge, just like me!.. And we actually had been living on the same hostel for a while, and there the reception couldn't separate us :p
5. This is maybe the coolest one!.. I was just standing with Gabriel at the YHA in the city when some girls from Norway was coming in. Okey, they where from Norway, but it didn't stop there. They actually where from Tønsberg and actually from the same area where I've been living, Tolvsrød. One of them actually have been working for four years in the grocery store (Kiwi) just next to where I've been living, and I've been a lot in that store!!.. I've probably have seen her before :p.. But it actually doesn't stop there either!.. Guess what?!!!.. They actually are living down at Bondi also :D
So my point are: THE WORLD ISN'T THAT BIG AT ALL!!
I was btw. supposed to upload some pictures today, but something whent wrong, so I have to do it tomorrow instead!
(it's coming an update with only pictures tomorrow, and maybe a surprise on chrismas eve/day!)
- Andy -